Mad as hell.
Just about two years ago, that’s how I felt as I started to type out a blog post on transitioning from the military. I had just had a conversation with a Senior Sergeant in Army Special Ops who was struggling heavily with leaving the service. He had said some things that scared the hell out of me and I found myself talking him off the ledge – literally. At the time, I was having my own challenges with military transition even though I had been out for almost two years.
How could this be?
Every year, 200,000 warriors come out of the military and transition to civilian life. For many of them, it’s much more challenging than it needs to be.
As I wrote about these challenges (and opportunities available to our warriors), my blog started to turn into something else. A BOOK THAT DIDN’T EXIST ANYWHERE ELSE!
MISSION AMERICA: Straight Talk About Military Transition was born. Starting today, this book is going to be the new platform on what military transition looks like!
It’s time to change the narrative on military transition
As a nation, we need a different narrative and a different approach to transition. Our military and their families are some of the highest performers on the planet. We need them leading us at home.
But to do that, we’ve got to get them over a few transition hurdles so they can get back in the game, follow their dreams, and lead us to a better place.
Two things need to happen:
- Our warriors and their families need to look at transition as another mission and use what’s already inside them to conduct that mission.
- Our civilians and warriors need to connect at a community level and clear the path for transition together. Local solutions always work best!
That is what the book Mission America is all about – and I need your help to get this new narrative out there.
Changing the game for our veterans
On November 10, at 1 p.m. EST, Mission America will be released to the public.
We want to make this book the most important piece out there on transition and that means we need it to be a best seller. By going on Amazon at 1 p.m. EST and buying Mission America on Kindle at a reduced rate, you can help us reach that goal.
And get this, all of my author proceeds go right back into our 501c3 non-profit, Mission America, and will continue to produce more books and initiatives to help our veterans and their families in transition.
So, here is what I need you to do:
- At exactly 10:00 a.m. EST today, go to Amazon and buy your dcopy of Mission America. Read. Share. Act.
- Share this message with folks in your tribe and help us get this book nationwide!
- If you feel the book can serve other veterans, military families, and civilians…please post your comments on Amazon so that others will see the potential value in the book.
Thank you for all that you do to support our veterans. With your help, I know that we can get this book into the hands of every transitioning warrior in America.
See you on the high ground,